Frequently Asked Questions
- Why Barbering? Great income,Own your own shop,Work part or full time, With the retirement of a staggering percentage of local barbers, there is an increasing number of opportunities currently available.
- What if I am already a licensed Cosmetologist? If you have a valid PA Cosmetolegist license you only need an additional 695 hours. Total cost is $8,500
- Are there other grant oppurtunities
- If I have hours but have not recieved my cosmetologist license? Unfortunately hours from Cosmetology only transfer over within a full license in Barber Schools in PA.
- Is Financial aid available? We have numerous financial aid options available. Please see the list below. Everyone should complete a FAFSA to see if there is any federal aid available to you. Students can qualify for federal aid and state aid (PA Careerlink & OVR) so please apply for all, if applicable.
Federal Grants and Loans
Free Application for Federal Student Aid – FAFSA.
Please visit www.fafsa.ed.gov to apply.
Our school code is 042246
Once we receive your FAFSA, we will contact you via email and advise you of the next step in the application process.
Office of Vocational Rehabilitation – OVR (disability services).
Please call 412-392-4950
Pennsylvania CareerLink (state aid for the unemployed or underemployed)
Please visit https://www.cwds.pa.gov/cwdsonline/Admin/ManageServiceLocations/ListServiceLocations.aspx and contact the location nearest you.
GI Bill (veteran aid – must have an honarble discharge)
Please visit www.gibill.va.gov to apply.
City of Pittsburgh High School Graduate
Maintained 90% attendance and 2.5 GPA while in high school
Please visit www.pittsburghpromise.org for information.